When it comes to beauty, most of us obsess about the software-the powders, the gels, and the shades we need to look fabulous. But investing in the hardware-from styling irons to nail files-is just as important to achieving the perfect look. After all, that hot summer eye shadow won’t sizzle if you don’t apply it with the right brush.
For flawless looks, beauty professionals take care to ensure that they have the highest-quality tools at their disposal-and so should you. Here are the seven tools you need to get the job done right:
1. Flat iron. You don’t need to be a pro to get expert results with the CHI Nano Ceramic Flat Iron. This versatile option gives you the curls, flips, or straight locks you want, without frizz or static. Its Nano Silver technology also zaps bacteria, leaving both the flat iron and your hair sterilized and shiny-clean.
2. Skin cleanser. Have you ever wished that smooth skin could be a button-push away? The new portable Clarisonic Mia Pink delivers just that using the Sonic Skin Cleansing System’s micro-massaging action to banish dirt and oil. Apply the Clarisonic Mia for just 60 seconds a day to reduce the size of pores and leave skin clean and smooth.
3. Hair dryer. The best haircut of your life will still fall flat without the right blow dryer. Get the volume you need with the CHI Nano Dual Air Flow Hair Dryer, which works twice as fast as normal dryers thanks to negative ions and far infrared technology. This lightweight option is designed to moisturize your hair as it dries, leaving your locks shiny and frizz-free.
4. Eyelash curler. Long, luscious lashes have long been a beauty staple-but most of us have to enhance what nature gave us to achieve a full, eye-brightening look. Enter the Japonesque Precision Eyelash Curler, a professional tool designed to target specific sections of your lash line, such as the outer corners, for the perfect lengthening curl.
5. Round brush. No blow dry is successful without the right hairbrush. The MoroccanOil Round Brush, available in 1-3/8-inch and 2-1/8-inch sizes, uses ceramic properties to help retain and distribute heat evenly for faster drying times. The ions on the brush bristles repel water while smoothing the hair cuticle for luscious, conditioned locks.
6. Manicure set. Prep work-not polish-is the key to beautiful nails. Make it easy with the Rubis Switzerland 4-Piece Manicure Set, featuring everything you need for the perfect manicure. Available in either a neoprene case or a black leather roll case, this set includes twist nail clippers, classic nail cuticle scissors, a twist nail file, and a slanted tweezers.
7. Makeup brushes. Keep your makeup fresh and fabulous all day through with the Japonesque Professional Touch Up Tube Set. A perfect fit for your purse, this compact case includes the five brushes you need for any makeup task: a foundation brush, a lip brush, two eye detailers, and a blush/powder brush. The case is available in four different colors, which means you can coordinate with your favorite bag.
Ann H. Carlson is an expert beauty writer for Beauty Collection, one of the top beauty retailers in the world (Women’s Wear Daily, March 2009). Beauty Collection carries over 200 prestige beauty brands like Moroccan Oil, and Keratin Complex. It showcases all beauty categories including skin care, hair care, makeup, fragrance, hair tools, and more.